Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HP compaq DC 7900 minitower. I installed a video card with HDMI output to watch netflix on my TV. Now I have lost the regular sound on the pc. How do I get both?

·
Team Manager - Networking , Moderator - Hardwa
19,823 Posts
The selection noted above will determine to which output the audio is sent.

All of your "regular" audio will/should also be present on the TV. You can't use your computer speakers and the TV speakers at the same time (assuming you are watching Netflix using a web browser).

Right click on the speaker in the tray and select "playback devices". All of your output choices should be listed.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
playback devices only show HDMI, no speakers. As I said, I have no choice. For some reason speakers are no longer listed. I have restarted but no help.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I removed the video card and now my speakers work and show up in playback devices.
I don't know how to have them show up when the card is installed.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
57,109 Posts
Although unlikely and I can't say for certain, it could be the POST detected the graphics-card audio and disabled the onboard audio in the BIOS.

As I say, it's a long shot but...... :ermm:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the thought. I had this card in another PC and the speakers were available. I could select them. Maybe I will re-install it and check the bios when I have time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.