Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems as though I have lost 2 files. I have checked the registry and they are both listed. Neither one have a value set, do they need a value? When looking for Real Time can't find it. Here are the names of the files. and how the processor list them. C:\RealTime\System\viaspoxd.vxd the other one C:\RealTime\System\vrtwd.386 Is there any way I can download these two files? They were in a Gateway 2000 Pent 2 , 233 128 ram. Thanks Gordon.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You can download both of those from DriverGuide. They are here and here. They seem to be some kind of unnecessary sound driver add-ons. If your sound works correctly then you can also remove them from the registry and/or system.ini to get rid of them. The other cases I've found of people with this problem had computers which worked just fine so they usually solved the problem by deleting the references to those files. If you do that then be sure to back up the registry first just in case.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I downloaded both files. Big problem cannot open. I have tried all ways Izarc, winzip power archiver. Tried to convert to exe that does not work either. I guess the next best thing to do is delete them from the registry. Thanks Gordon. I checked the sound card works. Sound from the speakers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read somewhere in these threads that one person thought that these files were connected to Real Player. If that is correct that would explain why they keep showing up as missing. I removed Real Player from the system. Played a CD and it works sound is good. I removed both files from the registry. Problem solved Thanks for the help. Gordon.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I don't think these have anything to do with RealPlayer.

VXD and .386 files aren't meant to be opened- they're used by programs as device drivers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I did was make sure the audio worked, and then I deleted both references to those files from the registry. Everything works just fine. So I guess those two files really are not needed. Thanks everyone for your help, but this problem is solved. Gordon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.