Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a piece of spyware that I am having a hard time getting rid of. Windupdate.mediaaccess.exe

Now I have notice that this will cause conflicts with COM1 when it loads.

Here it what I dont get. I have completely lost the ports catagory in my device manager. COM1 as well as LPT1 are both gone. I dont even have the option to pick ports, it no longer shows up. My sound is no longer working due to some conflict with the port. I cannot figure out what has happened to my port.

I tried to manually ad a comport to see what would happen and it shows up as COM3 in the device manager with an exclamation on it. But COM1 and the LPT port still dont show up in there.

Any ideas how to clear this up????

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok i figured out that the ports are disabled that is why they are not showing up. I also finally got rid of the spyware. I still cannot get the sound working.

I have a sound blaster audigy 1394 is what is says on the card. It shows to be installed in the device manager but if I go into the sound options in the control panel it appears there is no device installed.

Any ideas???? I am lost here.

Thanks.

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Do you see any other audio devices in the device manager? If your motherboard has onboard sound, you need to disable it in BIOS to make the Audigy card work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no other device installed. I tried to pull the card out of the PC then enable the onboard audio and the same thing happens.

Either configuration On board sound or the audigy.

The card appears to be installed and working properly in the device manager but if I go to control panel and check the sound settings it appears there is no card installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.