Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, my son accidently deleted the IE icon from the desktop. How do I get it back?
note: this is the blue "e" icon where if you right click it you will get IE properties

·
ID10T Circuit replacement
1,038 Posts
If you have windows95/98 Goto Control Panel double click the Internet options. Click the advanced tab, Look for Show internet explorer on desktop. If it has a check, uncheck then click apply, then check it again and click ok. If it is unchecked, simply check and click ok.

If it is Windows xp, looks to be the same.

·
Registered
165 Posts
you can remove or add additional programs such as IE from your XP installation CD.
Choose the option 2 when the autorun screen comes up, uncheck all options except IE and there you go... it doesn't install anything except for the icon in the start menu/taskbar.
I did this many times because the instructions are very confusing : it says install/remove additional software on the same button !?

Anyway I did it this morning and it works.

gr

·
ID10T Circuit replacement
1,038 Posts
x5dr

When you send to desktop from quick launch, you only send the shortcut without the right click for Internet options.

Don't want the sid of my computer on yours, sorry I deleted the attachment. Hopefully the other posts can help you out.
:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.