Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I got an email from google asking for account recovery and I said no and the next day I was signed out on all my devices and I don’t have access to the recovery phone number because I don’t have service anymore and I don’t have access to my email because Microsoft deleted it due to inactivity what can I do??? It’s literally my entire life. Also my parents created it about ten years ago and don’t believe in sharing personal info so they put random stuff for their date of birth and stuff like that But I do know what the recovery email and phone number are. And I know what the name on the account is. I know one of the passwords. And I still use the phone I use the account on mainly. And I know that the night before it was gone I received an email asking if it was ok and I specifically said deny. Who do I speak to I just need a real person to help me and none of these bots!!

· Premium Member
5,076 Posts
You need to follow the account recovery steps SpywareDr has linked to. It may take several days, but if you can provide the correct info and old passwords etc you'll be able to recover your account.

For future, I'd suggest enabling two-factor authentication across all your accounts to protect them. Google has lots of options for this, and it's possible to have a very secure account this way.

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,911 Posts

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,911 Posts

· Premium Member
5,076 Posts
While I totally agree.....if one has no mobile service, how can you use the two-factor authentication?
It's pretty flexible with options for Google. For most I'd suggest using an authentication app to generate a code, how you can do pretty much anything from app based codes, text messages, through to a physical security key.

Ultimately depends how valuable the specific account is to you - a lot of services can be linked to your email (or reset via them), sometimes even financial accounts, so personally I'd always make sure they're protected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.