Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was unpacking a big RAR file but my PC crashed when it was just about to be completed. When I restarted my PC around 4GB of hard disk space went missing. Tried R-Wipe&Clean to get it back but it didn't, done Defrag but it made no difference and the same goes for scan disk.

Anyone got any ideas how to get it back?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The RAR file would have unpacked something 4GB in size but it crashed. The 4GB file it should have created was not there when I restarted but the space it would have taken up was gone, i.e. before the crash I had 8GB space free, after the crash I had 4GB free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried searching for it but it doesn't seem to be there. I had this problem a while ago and somehow solved it but I don't seem to be able to this time...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Open up a command prompt and run chkdsk /F /R. It should correct any disk errors that could have occured when your system crashed. If there are errors, then that could be the cause of your loss of space (or the space Windows *thinks* it lost).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it to set to run when I restart my PC tomorrow. Gonna to go to sleep now so will update you tomorrow - thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.