Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while preparing to burn a RW CD I chose the folder to save and then my mouse pointer slipped and said file disappeared into another folder..now.folder reads 1.25 GB 333 file 17 folders...but it doesn't show that missing file is there...folder should only contain 125 files no folders approx 630 MB...my lost folder held about 650 MB...in these enclosed folders...that tells me lost files are there..
how in the heck do I go about retrieving these lost files..when I can't see them
any help will be greatly appreciated
Norman
:confused:

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
It's obviously in there. :D I'd start by doing a SCANDISK and making sure that there is no filesystem corruption. Then, in the folder that's got all the extra bytes, check properties of each subfolder until you find the offending files.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi and thanks for responding...there are now several hundred numbered IDX files in the folder along with files that belong there...they have a microsoft flag for their icon..all have a different code ID number...that little bit of an added mess I myself created by twiddling in my NERO program...I think I should shut down and sleep this one off...
Norman
ps
Guns I love...guns I haven't any...pistolas are a no no up here for the general public...you gotta have a note to carry it from room to room almost...empty even:bandit:

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Ahh yes, Canada, guns are bad. :)

To find the missing folders, try changing the folder options to view hidden files to start, that may show up some files that you aren't seeing now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I attempted that action early on and it didn't work...I solved my can of worms this AM...I selected delete and it went poof...I was concerned about it not being deletable but "it"... being so big computer said .....too big for waste basket ....so I said bye bye...what a sad lesson...thanks for your suggestions..
with respect
Norm

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes ..the obvious...well if I wasn't so impulsive the file would still be there and I would definitely give that a go...I appreciate your advice and it does make sense..next time I screw up and lose a file I will try that procedure...with respect
Norman:upset:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.