Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well,
Recently my computer just got totally attacked with viruses..like...every minute something would pop up "blah blah blah infected by blah blah blah" and so i kept trying to repair and move to chest all these infected files , and that wasn't working so i had to delete them..it was my only other option..and some were Very important files such as rundll32.exe, were infected..and so it got to the point..i couldn't even log in...my guess is because i deleted a file or program that was used to help me log in..
so when i restarted my computer...
the first screen that comes up...the big compaq emblem in red letters..
it has acouple commands at the bottom of the screen..
one of them is "complete system recovery press F10"..
so i did...
NOW this is the part i think is why this all happened..one of the options of the basic setup when i did the system recover thing was "would you like to keep all your files protected" (or some other word) so i just said yes.

So it completely restarted my computer..
like when i turned it on after i did the recovery thing it was like "thank you for purchasing this computer..." and it ran me through a basic setup..
so when i would go to find my old files..i would go to C:/ Documents and Settings/ All Users/ Desktop (to find the stuff on my old desktop)
so when i recovered them..they worked fine..well when i turned on my computer the next day...
if i tried to open one of my old files it would give me this error..

Here's the backslide...When i go into safe mode on my computer..i can access the files..but its like 25gb of stuff..so i know that i can take a flash drive and get that stuff..but it would take awhile..what im wondering is there any way i can this all my files back without flash driving it???
If its needed my computer is a..
Compaq Presario SR1910NX

Thank you so much!

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Log in as Administrator (not your user profile that is administrator) and see if you can access the files. To access the administrator account, when you get to the login screen hit CTRL,ALT, Del twice and you will get the stanard login screen to type in Administrator. If you didn't set a Admin password, leave it blank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Log in as Administrator (not your user profile that is administrator) and see if you can access the files. To access the administrator account, when you get to the login screen hit CTRL,ALT, Del twice and you will get the stanard login screen to type in Administrator. If you didn't set a Admin password, leave it blank.
OK when i try to do that it gives me this error..
some thing like..
"Unable to log on because of an account restriction"
and i am the administrator...of my computer..
soo i don't know what restriction its talking about...

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Log in as local Administrator in Safe Mode, go to Control Panel/Users and make sure your user name account is Admin. Right click the folder you want to copy and choose Properties/Security. Add your account as a user that can access this file and give it Full Control. Reboot computer normally under your account. See if that works, if not log out and login as local Administrator (follow previous instructions)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Log in as local Administrator in Safe Mode, go to Control Panel/Users and make sure your user name account is Admin. Right click the folder you want to copy and choose Properties/Security. Add your account as a user that can access this file and give it Full Control. Reboot computer normally under your account. See if that works, if not log out and login as local Administrator (follow previous instructions)
well that worked for the most part..most of my files are back to me..but some of the files i couldn't retrieve thank you :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.