Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day someone had my windows 95 with usb support and my windows 2000 NT backup cd's and they lost them. the big problem is i am stuck now because the backups were in the original cases, and now i do not have the keys for either of these discs. does anyone know of a way i can buy a new key from microsoft instead of having to buy new discs? or does anyone know of a reference of a list of valid keys? i have the originals, but no keys :(

~BoB~

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow

dude, i owe you if this works....

one question though, arent there like 20,000 or more keys? i know that i am using a copy of simcity3000 that i found, it is an original, but i didnt have a key, so i am using the key from an old one i had that got ruined by the kids. and the old key works on a much newer print of the disc.

~BoB~

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh ouch

i have a huge problem with all this....

i dont have them installed on any of my machines.....

so i guess i am screwed.

is there a way to buy a new key from microsoft? or would it cost the same as a new copy?

i'll tell you who isnt going to borrow anything from me ever again. hehe

~BoB~

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
If it's a retail copy, and you have proof of purchase, you can obtain a key from Microsoft for a fee. If it's an OEM copy, you have to contact the OEM for the key, which is normally a waste of time. You can also usually find cheap copies on eBay or other web sites. Of course, there are also the obvious pirate sites, but we don't discuss those things here...

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grrrr

now i am so mad, i am really not loaning stuff out anymore. they are retail copies, and i have only the original cd's, no cases, no receipts no nothing. just two original windows cd's in perfect condition. its the win2000nt disc that i really dont want to go and buy again. the 95 disc i only really keep in case i ever get this stupid old laptop working right. but thank you for trying to help, and by the way, the jellybean thingie did fine, but i already know the key to the only system that runs right now, and it is 98se. but it does in fact work, maybe i could find someone who is running it, and extract their cd key...

but we prolly shouldnt talk about that either...

hehe

~BoB~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.