Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my computer was blue screening before I even got a chance to type my password into the login screen.. so i re-installed windows and then installed all my drivers again and ran memory diagnostics, i found one of my sticks of DDR3 ram was damaged so i removed it, i thought i'd solved the problem but then i got this BSOD error message this morning (see attached .zip)

If anyone can fix my problem i will be so thankful!

Cheers, Nathan

Attachments

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
It's a generic memory bsod, and won't be able to help us. Have you ran another memory diagnostic to confirm the rest of your memory is ok? What diagnostic are you using, btw? The de facto standard is Memtest86+. Windows memory diagnostic isn't very effective.

There may also be the potential case of your motherboard memory slots causing problems (which means the motherboard itself is bad). Testing memory a number of times and seeing errors on any stick in the same slot would mean a bad slot. You should confirm if this is the case by testing each slot with a couple of sticks.

As you go about doing this, also go ahead and provide us a JCGriff Report. To add, turn on Driver Verifier to see if we aren't dealing with just a buggy driver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BSOD jcgriff2 report - Help is much appreciated!

Hey guys my computer was blue screening before I even got a chance to type my password into the login screen.. so I re-installed windows and then ran windows memory diagnostics, i found one of my sticks of DDR3 ram was damaged so I removed it, I thought i'd solved the problem but then I got a BSOD this morning. I have attached the files for a BSOD jcgriff2 report below.

Questions that I answered;

· OS - Windows 7
· x86 64 bit OS
· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7 - 64 bit
· It was not pre-installed the computer was built by an eBay shop, I told them what specifications I wanted then they built it for me.
· Age of system (hardware) - 1 year
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? - Yes I recently re-ran the disk that the eBay shop gave me and re-installed windows

· CPU - AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHz
· Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
· MotherBoard - Asus M4A78LT-M
· Power Supply - brand & wattage - I don't know the brand and I cant see it displayed on the actual unit, but its 600W

· System Manufacturer - Dont know, bought from an Ebay shop
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) - Dont know, bought from an Ebay shop

Thanks to anyone that trys to help me!

Cheers, Nathan

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I went ahead and merged the two threads. Making multiple threads on same problem isn't exactly the best thing to do, as it'll clutter up the forum and will split your assistance in two and you'll have to manage reading and replying to two threads at once.

I went ahead and perused the crashdumps and they all are very much memory-affiliated problems. We'll just have to go and run Memtest86+ for at least 7 passes to ensure this is the case. However, there is one crashdump that looks rather ugly. I've tried to interpret what was going on and why but my math is getting screwy with me so I can't much figure it out right now. However, it does look very much like a CPU problem. In which case, you'll want to run Prime95 on Torture Test with Large FFTs for about 8-9 hours. If you see any failure in it at all, you can start thinking less about the memory and start blaming the CPU, motherboard or power supply as the cause.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.