Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running Tiger on minimac - all been fine, but recently I have lost audio output from Safari /BBC radio player / Real player etc, I can still record them via Audio hijack pro so the out put is there but not listen to them live (weather Audio hijack running or not). i Tunes and CD player etc are unaffected and work perfectly so I know the audio output/speakers are fine.
Driving me mad - any ideas ? Tried sound prefs but all ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me Too

I'm having this problem too. I have it on two of my machines both running tiger 10.4.2. I've lost sound in mail and iChat. This started after the installing latest software updates. I called Apple support and they had me reinstall the OS. I'm not willing to do that on the other machine so I hope a better fix is found.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try this

Goto your utilities folder...open "Audio MIDI Setup" change audio output - format: if it's listed as anything other than "44100.0 hz". I had the same problem and this took care of it.

Good Luck

·
Registered
590 Posts
OS X newer versions have some screwed up drivers at the moment so most people will have to wait till someone fixes the driver or finds a fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.