Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a gig of Corsair memory, i was trying to go through my pc to find out specifically which type, but i was unable to, all i could find is the amount. But im looking to move up to 2 gigs, so im guessing i should just match the stick thats already in there? Looking for suggestions, and any ides on how ot check the model of my Corsair memory, thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mobo - K8NS-ULTRA 939
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
ATI Radeon x850xt AGP
2 x 512mb = 1 gb Corsair CMX512-3200XL
Running Windows XP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only problem with that is, i think this exact edition is discontinued, i looked online and didnt find too much.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
try searching ebay by model number

otherwise I would sell of what you have (ebay) and get a dual channel kit of one gig x 2 sticks matched pair

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, i have found 1 auction ending tonight, so either ill get it or i wont, if not ill prob sell mine, thanks for the help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, so i've decided to just sell the ram i have and get 2 gigs of new ram. Though i had a question, im not familiar with the workings of RAM, so what does it mean by PC3200 and theres all sorts of different ones? Does it matter which one i get?

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
yes it matters! you should look on the websites of Crucial, Corsair & OCZ they have memory selectors also called memory configurators

input your motherboard maker and model in there and it will give you a "guaranteed" list of ram stick models that will work in your computer

then you write down the model numbers and search ebay (you can save money that way)

you looking for a dual channel 2 x one gig kit PC3200 with Cas 2.5 or Cas 3 (CAS 2.5 is faster)
I dont reccomend you buy the ones with CAS 2 as they are the more expensive high performance sticks for overclockers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright thank, ill be looking around, ill prob go the Corsair route since ive had their memory for a couple years and have always liked it...we shall see

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.