Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im new to building PCs but im a good learner and well hopefully i can get some good help.. Well my primary use is going to be gaming and ofcourse downloading music, movies and school work. So i need something that will run games pretty good and movies.. the rest ofcourse doesnt really take up much space. Well im looking to spend somewhere around 1200 - 1500 hopefully no more than that. I really want a good graphics card and something that will run games on High.. im tired of playing them on low and still then even lagging. Yea i know pretty bad huh. Im not to sure if it really matters if i use XP or vista but i already use XP and im kinda used to it. but if changing helps gaming well im all about changing to vista. you let me know what choice to make. the computer case size doesnt really matter to me again my main concern are Specs for gaming for newer games like MW2, BF2, Command and conquer, WoW, i play all types of games and the main reason i dont really play alot is because i lag alot. Im looking to playing future games that come out so i need something that will hang with those games also without upgrading to much stuff in the long run. well sorry for the long paragraph just wanted to be specific on what i was looking for.. thanks alot

Edit: im from Texas and usually Shop at Newegg but if there are better sites out there let me know and links to parts also.. Again im starting from the Case up.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
If you decide to change your OS, Windows 7 is a much better choice than Vista.
Newegg is the most reliable/best support online shopping site. Zip Zoom Fly is also pretty good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so any of those PCs will be able to run games pretty good and future games ofcourse? and if incase i have to swap later on in the future to a different graphics card that wont be a problem because of fans and stuff.. i really dont know exact names of stuff but im sure yal know what im talking about. just dont want to jump into something and in the end spend all that money and not be able to play a game on high settings lol..

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
The $800 build is my favored with a few changes.
ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo Mobo
A more powerful GPU and a 750W Corsair would make it even better for gaming.
LG or Lite-On for the optical drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
if i substitute the Coolermaster 690 with the HAF for the 1200 dollar system would that make a difference.. or the 1800 has the HAF for a reason?

also the power supply.. basically i want to get the 1200 dollar system but with the case and powersupply from the 1800

the video cards, dvd burner, operating system and the hard drives are deactivated.. if yal can help me find replacements please.. thanks alot..

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
The Corsair 850W would be plenty
DVDRW-
LG--http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136167
Lite-On--http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106289
OS-Windows 7 HP--http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116752&cm_re=Windows_7-_-32-116-752-_-Product

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.