Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
imm deffently not the only one with this problem and i've been looking around for about 2 months off and on to try and fix it but imm not sure how.
it seems intel 915 and 925 chipsets have some sort of problem with there PCI Express slot. I've bought 2 pci-E cards and they both have the same problem. Geforce6600 and a ATI x700pro PCI-E cards.

when i put them in and turn on the pc, the cards fan's ect work totaly fine, and want to work....but my display remains black and the light shows orange or blinks green off and on. i've tried tons of monitors, its also a Gateway 507GR. 915 chipsets have had alot of problems as i've been reading and with so many reasons...why the **** did they even release it? but imm asking if anyone as found anything resorting to a fix so the PCI-E will relay with Display. It also dose not reconize whats in the PCI-E slot when it should. so theres some sort of communitcation mishap there. or something. o.0 this is probly the reason so many 915 chipsets get sent back aswhell. i see tons of post's on people trying to fix it but none of them have any sort of Firm fix. I've tried MANY metheds on it -disableing onboard gfx..makeing pci-e primary, removeing all other video cards ect and the small **** dont work.

if you find a fix for this please post it here, if anyone dose ill post a fix in all the other post's that people have simular problems so the fix can be distributed.

Thanks!

P

·
0 Posts
Did you check for bios updates ? * if the board is a problem generator i am sure the manufacturer would come up with a fix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup ive updated the bios. The only updates were not even directed to pci-Express problems people are haveing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.