Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current video card, the GeForce GT 730 has taken a dive and one of the DVI ports has crapped out.

I don't go graphics intensive games, so I don't need a powerhouse graphics card. However, I do want to find out with dual DVI ports and it has to be a single slot card as this HP computer has all the other slots filled.

I'm looking for the best bang for the buck, and I'd like to keep it to under around $150, looking for suggestions.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My two monitors are DVI monitors. My GT 730 is a dual DVI card, with 4GB, but I was thinking that maybe an upgrade in performance would be useful, hence looking for an upscale replacement that wouldn't break the bank. I can get the GT 730 with 2GB and dual-DVI outputs on Amazon for $56 shipped free, but I did want to explore the better options.

These monitors also have HDMI, but when I had a graphics card with HDMI, I could never get decent full screen performance from the combo, and the DVI works perfectly. Hence my desire not to change what works.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,811 Posts
Most newer video cards today no longer support Dual DVI. And the ones that do are not going to have more video RAM then 4GB. IDK if an adapter would work for you. Good luck in your serach.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can live with 4GB of RAM, just wanted a little more horsepower if possible. OTOH, the current card worked fine in my environment, I wouldn't be replacing it if a channel hadn't crapped out. I'm currently running the second monitor on a USB<->DVI adapter. That works OK, but you can see the difference in speed for some of my stuff like my PCB layout package.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I didn't get that suggestion, I'm still checking on cards. Obviously, I prefer a direct connection. I may pick up a dual HDMI card that's returnable and see if a different card behaves better using the HDMI connection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts