Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me out here? I'm looking for a simple app I can run from my system tray, that when a certain hotkey is pressed, blocks all keyboard and mouse input, only unlocking it with a certain password (or hotkey press). It'd be a lifesaver and I'd love a suggestion.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

And keyloggers? No, nothing like that. I don't want to record keystrokes or anything. All I need is something that ignores all mouse and keyboard input once I hit, say, Ctrl+Shift+M, and re-enables it when I hit that hotkey again.

Basically I just want to lock my workstation, but I can't use the normal Win+L Windows lock because I still want to see things like Thunderbird's new email alert, flashing MSN tabs, time left on downloads, etc.

·
Banned
3,543 Posts
Ah, Man.

I'm sorry, I'd have no idea how to do all that - I'll give you a free bump in hopes of a more experienced member comes along and helps you, until then I'll Google around and find stuff for you. Take care.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For the same reason you'd use a WIN+L lock, so other people can't access my computer. Yeah, unplugging it would work, but it'd be pretty obvious how to fix it. A hotkey or password would work better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.