Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a new video card. I need one that handles games because, well, thats what my comp is used most for right now. I am just wondering what video card you guys would reccomend getting? I dont want to spend too much so im not looking for top of the line. I just want something that will do the job. Especially to run Grand Theft Auto 3, since I just got it and my current card cant handle it. I was thinking 100 - 150 dollars, but please post all suggestions if you have good feedback with it. Mabey you can change my mind :winkgrin:

My system is:
P4 @ 1.3
512 RDRAM
NVidia 16MB TNT2 Vanta
Windows 2000 pro

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Love my ATI radeon 8500 I bought the 64 MB version right before the price droped on the 128 MB version:upset: ....I play Dues EX and it looks incredible....Civ III ...as good as it can...MechWarrior 4 skips a little but overall I love the card....:gun:

Smart move if your a gamer spend as much $$ as you can afford on the card....I bought the 8500 because it was a value for the perfomance....I have heard nothing but praise for the Geforce 3 line but it is a little more $$:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
All I can say is if you go GeForce please don't go MX... I agree with Doonz in spend as much as you can afford, and after you find the card that's within your budget search around for deals on that EXACT card. Pricewatch is better than the used to be.. it shows how much with shipping, and they've booted the back alley dealers that gave it a bad rep for a while.

·
Registered
225 Posts
You can stay well under your limit of $100 - $150 with a LeadTek GeForce 2 GTS Pro 64 DDR card. That is what I use and I can play anything pretty much I want. I have seen those cards out there on sale for under $100 pretty much everywhere. Especially now that the GeForce 3 cards are out and the GeForce 4's too. But, you really don't need a GF3 or 4 to do what you want to do. That way you can save you some cash up for the GF4 later.

Hope you find what you want,

Good luck

Laffctx

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Dragon, that card is nice and was thinking of getting it myself as we have a bestbuy here. Only thing is the LE is a cheaper version than the radeon all-in-wonder might want to go with the 7500 all-in-wonder. Don't mean to confuse you but did you look at the geforce 4ti 4200 boxed by visiontek it has 128mb memory in ddr and price dropped to $180. I'm in same boat don't know which to buy there is a geforce 5 coming out so prices will drop again might want to hold out awhile.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I had a 32MB MX before and it crapped out for games big time. I got the Radeon 8500 128 DDR and I am happy with it :winking:

I also picked up another 512MB of RD RAM, so everything is running exceptionaly great now :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.