Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

I just replaced a failing DMD in my Pico DLP projector. While I had it open, I noticed that an available slot for a 35mm fan was left empty. There is a "socket" for it on the board. Sorry, not an electrical engineer. So, I would like to find a source for another 35mm fan. I am noticing that there are plenty of these fans but none have the same connector. I "think" that this extra small connector is called a picoblade connector...?...Not sure.
So, two things....can anyone point me in the direction of a vendor for this? And, is this automatically going to be a 5v?
I can send board photo if needed. The projector itself runs on a 19v input.

Thanks in advance for any help. Also, I got one shot at this today, maybe tomorrow. As I need to find an American vendor and have this to New Jersey by Sunday so a friend can bring it here to Uruguay S.A. on his flight Monday morning.

Tall order, I know. Very much appreciate any help here Thank You!

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,749 Posts
Goodwill has a Pico projector for $31.00 which could be an alternative.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goodwill has a Pico projector for $31.00 which could be an alternative.
Thanks, not a bad idea if I were there in the states. Trying to locate these items for a friend to mule to South America for me. I did find these connectors, which look right. Now the main question is.... Is it a 5v or 12v fan? No markings on fan or board to indicate either way.
Thanks for the Goodwill :)

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, not a bad idea if I were there in the states. Trying to locate these items for a friend to mule to South America for me. I did find these connectors, which look right. Now the main question is.... Is it a 5v or 12v fan? No markings on fan or board to indicate either way.
Thanks for the Goodwill :)

· Team Manager, Microsoft Support
33,749 Posts
The closest thing I found in the specs is
Power source
Power charger adapter .................................... 5V, 2A
I wouldn't count on this. Maybe???

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The closest thing I found in the specs is
Power source
Power charger adapter .................................... 5V, 2A
I wouldn't count on this. Maybe???
Okay, so here's the next idea/question.... let's say I buy a 12v and 5v and put the correct connector on them. If I "try" either of these, will it hurt the projector if it is not the correct fan? As in... I try the 5v fan first but the system is 12v or visaversa?
What do you think? And if I did go this route, is there a smartest way to proceed...like try the 5v first or...

Thanks Corday

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It will probably burn out both if it is over voltage
Okay, Thank You guys! Appreciate the input and quick responses. I just heard back from newegg and amazon. This is going to be a no go for me. Can't get anyone to Fedex to New Jersey in time. But the input here was very helpful.

You can mark this one as "Solved"....thanks again. It is really helpful to have you folks around for help.

Take care guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts