Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, almost a year free of any issues with my P4C800 deluxe mobo, i return here because of the sudden shut downs this mobo has since i buy it. Before i could succesfully configure the bios so it does not restart twice, but in my last format, after installing the chipset drivers, music and lan drivers, i could not fix this issue. The problem for the ones that got lucky and didn´t suffer this, is that whenever you are not playing, say idle, the cpu goes off, as if you pull off the power cable. This is random with no apparent pattern. The ussually solutions post here time ago besides destroying or buyin a new mobo, was to deactivate some issues in the bios, like the HT and USB Legacy, but there are something i think i forgot.
My Actual PC is:
Mobo: p4c800 deluxe 2.00
CPu: p4 ht 2.8
Ram: 1gb Kingston
Vid: ABIT 9600 xt 256
HD: WD Sata 160 gb
VEnt: CoolerMAster Aereo 4

Bios Setup: rev.1017
MAin:
P ide Master :: Not DEt
P ide Slave :: NOt Det
S ide Master :: SOny cdrw
S ide slave :: ASus
Third ide M :: Not det
Fourth ide S :: WD hd
IDe COnfig :: Default

ADvance:
Jumpfree
OC standard
Performance auto
CPu COnfig
Cpuid disabled
HT disabled
USB
LEGACY disabled

The rest is default, i dont remember what else should i modify so this crappy system goes stable again. If someone remember the classis solutions it will be a great help. Thanks for everything.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

You are running a very old bios / the P4C800-E is up to 1024 I would start by udating your bios ? I strongly advise (warn would be better) you use the AFUDOS method of bios utilities (see manual) download the latest version of afudos off the asus website for your board & also you will find the latest bios revision there as well

after doing that / I suggest you download a monitoring program like everest home eidition (free) then post (copy) your system temps and cpu temps and also system voltages in here for evaluation.

http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

regards

joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sry forgot power:: codegen 450w

and about the bios, i have the "deluxe" not the "e deluxe", so i acnt find upgrades for my bios, temps and voltages, are not different as the ones i use to had.. anyway i will try it...

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
see if you can borrow a quality p/s to try in it yours is generic and most likely is not putting out enough amps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive change everything, i know the mb is the problem, any of ypu guys dnt remember the shutdown problems of this mb!!??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.