Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is an XP problem or a hard drive or motherboard , BIOS, CMOS problem but when I boot up each morning it boots fine through the POST but after the Windows XP splash screen it goes black for about 60 to 90 seconds then it boots up and runs fine, This started after putting in another 512 mem stick and replacing the CMOS battery...TIA...GaryD...

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
You need to go through bios and make adjustments of settings for your
hardware. The time and date are probably off to. When you reset bios
you cleared it, bios needs some attention.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I had done that but will go back and check it again, thanks for the reply

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to go through bios and make adjustments of settings for your
hardware. The time and date are probably off to. When you reset bios
you cleared it, bios needs some attention.
I went back and double checked the BIOS and everything appears to be the way it should be, so maybe its not the bios and might be the memory stick I put in(one is a Samsung and the other is a Kingston) but I didn't think that would cause a problem...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know if it was a voltage issue or not, because I checked both with Everest home and they both were identical, but I did take one out anyway and it seems to have solved the problem, it loads better now so I think I will stay with just 512 meg instead of 1 gig and be satisfied... thanks manic for the help...GaryD..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.