Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm having a problem when I boot up my machine.

When I turn my machine on, it starts as normal and then stops on a black screen with a cursor flashing in the top left corner. This is just before the screen that shows the Windows logo on a black background with the blue loading bar underneath. If I leave it for a few minutes on the flashing cursor screen, it contines to boot normally and my computer operates as normal once I'm in with no other problems at all.

Any ideas what's going on and how I can sort it out?

Thanks.
Samba.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Do you have a "quick boot" option in your bios?
Do you have norton products installed, or multiple virus programs running at once?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. I have quick boot and it was enabled last I checked. Haven't chaged anything in my bios recently though. I'll double check it to be sure.

No Norton but I do have 2 virus programs running though. Bitdefender and AVG. However, the delay happens before the Windows loading screen. Would they have started yet?

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
15,478 Posts
Running multiple anti-virus programs will cause issues and system slow downs but as you stated the O.S. does not even have control at the point of the black screen.

Does this happen at every boot?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah. Every time. Like I said, no problems once I'm in, it's just that initial period before Windows starts loading (or before the loading screen appears anyway) where it seems to just stop doing anything for a couple of minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.