Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as my son logs on to his computer, it goes to the "logging off" screen right away. I'm pretty sure it's a virus, but I can't deal with it if we can't get past the log on/log off thing. Is there a way to get around it? We've tried safe mode and it does the same thing on the administrator screen.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Drop the PC into another computer and bacjk the data up...while you are there run a virus scan.... after your data is safe nuke it and start from scratch....

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a similar problem awhile back - The whole computer would stay on but explorer.exe (basically it's the application that lets you interface with the computer) kept shutting down and restarting - since I had a win2k install disc and all of my important stuff was on a different hard drive - i just started over. It's probably the least stressful way to fix this since you'll have a clean slate. If there's any super important stuff on the C drive you'll want to put it in someone elses computer as either an alternate drive or buy an external enclosure and hook it up via USB or Firewire to retrieve and save the data.

And if you don't have an up to date antivirus program, remember what you did, cause you'll certainly have to do it again :grin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

I'd hoped there was an easier fix, but these suggestions should work, I'll use his HD as a slave to mine, save his data and carry on from there. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.