Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...

Here is my problem. I have Win XP Pro Pirated Edition SP2 -razz: Yesterday, I changed motherboards (everything is compatiable with this board). After doing this, I decided to run RegistryFix 3.0. I started surfing and noticed I had a wave scroll going on... I thought I must have deleted the driver so I go to ATI and download a driver. Restarted my computer, and now it wont get past the welcome screen. Well actually at times it wont, sometimes it lets me choose a user, but as soon as i log on, it logs me off... no restarting or shut downs occur. After fooling around with F8 options (Safe Mode and blah blah blah) still nothing changes, except I started getting an error message:

Title: McLspAsyncwindow.svchost.exe
Message: The instruction at 0x100014ca referenced memory at "0x100014ca." memory could not be "read".

I know I deleted something I shouldn't have, but I am not sure of what file I need to repair, or copy back to system32 from OS disk. If anyone has suggestions, it will be very much appreciated. Thanks for your time and attention

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
At least your honest

or did you use bootscreen and change it to the pirated edition thingy?

get a proper version of windows or just by a pc from dell or something (all full pc providers suck by ive found that dell isnt bad)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a legal copy

My boot screen says Pirated Edition. My software is legal... I guess I should have made that clear. Humor is sometimes hard to see through typing.

I ran the reinstallation cd for the OS, tried to see if I could repair any file that I might have deleted or messed up. (chkdsk /r) this is the only thing I really know how to do, any other method for that screen is not known to me. It found and repaired the errors, but it still logs me on and off. I think it's the driver I downloaded from ATI. So I am going to image my hard drive to save some of my stuff, and reformat. Unless anyone has any other suggestions, I will reformat computer tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
hmm...

yes i got serious problems when i used bootskreen, so i would recommend not using that and using the default bootscreen (the one that sucks like crap) because its timing is correct.

the problem might be that the bootscreen is synching with the bootup incorrectly, so try that before you reformat.

and if it still doesnt work then reformat

G

·
it is not the pirated copy, if you changed your mainboard, to a different kind that effects your HAL , plus your mainboard drivers are different. what you need to do is an inplace install, back up all your data just in case, inplace install will just rreplace your system file will leeave your data. You will also have to activate, if you did not before maybe you will not this time, ...pirated.
boot from your cd, do just like you are doing an install, go all the way to where xp find s you partition, it should say " R " TO REPAIR...NOT TO BR CONFUSSED WITH THE REPAIR CONSOLE AT THE BEGINNING. thats it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.