Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a XP home pc and 2 xp pro PCs and when I access them on my home network I get the error message Logon Failure: The user has not been gratned the requested logon type atLogon Failure:
I have gone into restrictanonymous to zero. I have I went to computer management > Local Users and Groups

Here it lists:
Administrator
HelpAssistant
SUPPORT_388945a0

Under the properties, the SUPPORT account is the only one with Diabled checked off.

I don't know what else to do, please help-thanks :4-dontkno

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Go to Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy. Now go to Local Policies, and then click the User Rights Assignment folder. Doubleclick the policy that says "Access this computer from the network". You can now add any username or group to the list so that access to the computer over the network will be granted to those users or groups.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Resolution said:
Go to Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy. Now go to Local Policies, and then click the User Rights Assignment folder. Doubleclick the policy that says "Access this computer from the network". You can now add any username or group to the list so that access to the computer over the network will be granted to those users or groups.
I did exctly what u said to do, and now it is asking for a username password...i don't use passwords on any of the machines.

1 xp pro pc is called "winxp" the second xp pro pc is called "ccf" and the xp home pc is called "lapt". what should i do? thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.