Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This is my first ever post, usually with a bit of searching I can find the answers to most computer related issues I have, but no matter how hard I look I cannot find the answer I need to solve this rather annoying problem.

So here is the low down, I have my desktop PC running Windows 7 Ultimate. I also have a cheap old Asus netbook running Windows XP home edition SP3 (not much on it so it runs ok).

I am trying to share files between them so my Mrs can access the music on my PC.
So far I have been able to access the shared files folder from my netbook on my PC. I can also detect the PC under the Workgroup tab of 'My Network Places' on the netbook.

However whenever I double click on the 'Richyv-pc' icon in the Workgroup folder is comes up with an error message that states:

"\\Richyv-pc is not accessible. You might not have perrmission to use this network resource. Contract the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer."

I have granted full share access to all the wanted files from my PC with access to 'Everyone' with read/write control.

I have tried many different things from many different forums but none have fixed this problem. Im sure Im missing something obvious but I just cant see it. My PC is part of a homegroup because of my work laptop that I bring home from time to time but I dont think this is causing the problem.

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Richy V

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.