Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:upset: :confused: When installing my Logitech QuickCam Messenger, I stupidly plugged it in b4 installing the software and now I cant get the InstallShield to work it keeps telling me "InstallShield Wizard Interrupted" has any body got any advice I just dont seem to be able to install my drivers to get my webcam to work.

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
Did you go to the troubleshooting section of the Logitech site? I think there are procedures to uninstall and start over.

One thing to try is to go into Device Manager, and uninstall the camera, then unplug it. Maybe that'll get it's mind right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but all that Logitech seem to tell you is that "NOTE: DO NOT CONNECT THE CAMERA TO THE COMPUTER BEFORE INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE. " and thats what I stupidly did and it will just not let me install the drivers now, I am not really sure why, the only thing I can think is that Windows has now allocated its own drivers to the usb hub, that are not suitable. I am lost to be honest.

·
Citizen of the world
51,042 Posts
Why not email their customer support? Surely, this isn't the first time this has happened. I did this once with a Logitech camera several years ago, but I managed to edit out the stuff in the registry to get it's mind right.

Logitech Customer Support Email

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've had this happen many times with Logitech Cameras!

Open your Device Manager. Locate your camera, which should be marked with a yellow question mark on it. Select to update the drivers, install from a specific location. Type in C:/WINDOWS/INF as the path to search in, make sure that box is checked, then click OK. The INF folder in Windows is hidden, so if you want to actually browse to it you'll need to enable to view hidden folders. Simply typing in the path should do it, though.

Your problem should hopefully be solved, and your camera installed.
:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.