Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, on my computer when i log on is says "domain not available". I have tried logging in many times and have tried restarting and so fourth. please help

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Are you logging into a domain of some sort? what type of login screen do you have?(Welcome screen or Old style[basically if you have to click your user rather than type it in a "user" text box you have the welcome screen])

I'm unsure if the domain is changeable in the welcome screen but try clicking on the other things in the welcome screen to see if you can see a "Domain" text box and ensure it's the name of your pc..

Cheers,
Jamey

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my computer has the old style login and the computers domain is part of my school (i think). i can't login to my computer as administator

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Welcome to TSF....

If you can not log-in as administrator then you are pretty much out of luck, I suggest to contact the school IT department and they should be able to help you since they have all of the log-on information.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I'm curious, if the domain is part of your school then it's over a network or something?

So your pc must have it's own domain for when you're not in school?

Is it in your school that the problem is?

I agree with ThorXP, just talk to your school's IT department, i'm sure they'll have the info you need.

Cheers,
Jamey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.