Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please Help! I have the following system: Dell p3 @ 1GHz, 128mb RDRAM, Geforce 4 Ti 500, Santa Cruz card, and running win98se. My problem is this. When I run a pretty intense game (i.e. - Madden 2002, Delta Force: Land Warrior) after about 10 min, the system locks up and I have to manually reset. Ctrl-Alt-Dlt doesn't work and I can't minimize the game to get back to Windows either. I have done multiple virus scans and disk surface tests, and cannot figure it out. Also I have a program called EndItAll that I use to shut down any processes that are running before I start playing. Please HELP! Thanks in Advance...

John

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey lyljonjon77

One quick thing you might try is to take the side cover of your case off and see if that helps. Take the side off, play an intense game and see if it still locks up.

If it runs ok then you may need to add an extra case fan.

good luck with it!

·
Registered
225 Posts
the very same thing happened to a buddy of mine, only he was runnin XP. I told him to take the cover off the case and put a fan in next to it and low and behold it ran fine for over an hour. Video card was shootin craps overheating.

Good luck to you man,

Laffctx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I took the cover off. The fans seem to be running ok. But it STILL locks up. Do I need another fan? Also, what does an upgraded power supply do? Could that help?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
a power supply CANT hurt...bad power will drive you NUTZ...

and heat is the worst enemy of computer parts...when the heat up the expand the contract as they cool...NO NO NO good for systems!! Get the fan!

IF it helps it will be worth it...if not you have a happier machine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.