Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I am in the correct froum. My problem is I can't get into my hotmail account. There is a yellow lock on it SSL Secured(128bit) I have emailed hotmail support and microsoft but have not received replies or help. Is there anything I can do to unlock this or does it have to be unlocked by hotmail themselves? There is a cerificate but I didn't apply for this security. It just happened. I have windows 98. Will I ever be able to get into my account again? I would appreciate any help on this. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Welcome to the board, :)

The lock in the bottom right side of the browser indicates that a secure (128bit)SSL session is in progress between your browser and their server. This is for your security and would not cause the login issues that you are having.

Is this a new account or new computer or ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your welcome.

It's not a new computer and I haven't had any trouble before signing into my hotmail account. Can you suggest anything I can do on my computer to unlock this. Or can hotmail do this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Locked Out.

Back again. My son went into his hotmail account and when he clicked his inbox he was brought into my account, the one I can't sign into! So could this have been a signing out problem? I do remember a few times when I signed out, a box came up saying this programme has performed an illegal operation. I don't know what this is or what it meant. I think I will have to try another computer to see if I can sign into my account. If I can then I would know the problem is with my browser. If not then I know the problem is with hotmail. I can't get any replies or help from support.
Also I notice in internet options in content and certificates there are some listed there. I don't know how they came to be here as I am a newbe,lol. But I removed the one that I think was the SSL Secured one on the lock in hotmail account. Was this wise.? I still couldn't sign in.
I would appreciate any help at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I can't get this problem solved , I just closed my account in hotmail and made a new one. I can now get into the new one. One way to solve the problem.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well...if you want to try one more time...go to Tools/Internet Connections/Privacy and make sure it is set to MEDIUM. It fixed a friend's problem recently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.