Tech Support banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this has been going on for about the last year and I am kind of sick of it. Everytime i **** down/restart/close my computer, it lags on the lock screen for as long as 30 minutes sometimes before finally loading up. While it is in the lagging phase, the screen keeps flashing like it's having a seizure, sometimes it flashes a lock screen picture, sometimes a blue screen, and sometimes a pixelated screen.

This removes all the convenience of a laptop for me as I have just learned to keep my laptop open and running rather than closing it and opening it whenever I need to use it, as it sometimes needs up to 30 minutes to load after closing it.

Everything else about the computer is fine and it runs smoothly once it loads, but this one issue is infuriating.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

·
Registered
41,112 Posts
Your HDD/SSD may be failing. Download HDTune in my signature, not Pro. Go to the Error Scan tab, Do a full Error Scan, not a quick. This will take a long time. If all of the boxes are Green, the HDD is healthy. If any of the boxes are RED that indicates Bad Sectors, there is no reason to finish the test, the HDD needs to be replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts