Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the story.

I recently connected my D-Link Ethernet Broadband Router DI-604 to network my PC and laptop (both XP PRO SP3) for LAN gaming and for internet connectivity to invite a friend online to join our LAN games. But strangest thing happens when I connect Locally, it disconnects the internet, yet LAN works fine. But when I disconnect LAN, the internet starts up again. THis is a huge problem as I want online connectivity to be shared to my other PC from my Laptop so that I can invite someone to our LAN matches.

I've looked all over the internets :4-dontkno but I can't find a solution, does anyone have any Guru solutions so that both Network and Online connectivity (shared to the second PC) can live in harmony.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firstly, that's not what I want, secondly, my router is not wireless, thirdly, I do not want to connect a ethernet internet connection into the WAN. but let me elaborate my situation a bit more.

I have two computers in my room, a PC and a laptop, the laptop connects to the internet (using a wireless USB device to the DSL in my mom office), while the PC is only used for gaming and music recording (not connect to the internet)

I want to share the Laptops internet connectivity to my other PC through the router LAN.

but when I connect LAN, my internet works at several intervals and disables at several intervals, it basically gains and loses connectivity, but I cannot access the internet on my other PC.

·
Global Moderator
Electronic Design
52,320 Posts
You want to bridge the two connections in the laptop to allow the other machine to use the laptop connection.

In Network Connections, select both of the network connections using the Ctrl key, right click on them and select Bridge.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You want to bridge the two connections in the laptop to allow the other machine to use the laptop connection.

In Network Connections, select both of the network connections using the Ctrl key, right click on them and select Bridge.
I don't understand, please elaborate a bit more, what two network connections am I selecting exactly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.