Tech Support banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I have access to a pretty nice old server that I'd like to do a few things with. Setup a firewall VM on it, maybe some other project, but primarily, I want to setup some sort of NAS/backup solution for all of my data, specifically my cloud data. I dont trust the cloud (OneDrive, Google, etc) for both data integrity and normal backup reasons, but also due to the censorship being imposed by these organizations. In other words, I dont want Microsoft/Google deleting data from my cloud storage just because they dont like it - This is well documented as occurring.

What would be the best way to create a local one way backup of my cloud storage accounts? I suppose I could just do occasional "syncs" and then remove the sync, but I'd love to have an automated system of backup.

Let me know your thoughts, I'm sure I'm not alone.

-Will

·
Premium Member
41,521 Posts
Drag and Drop and Copy and Paste still work very well, manual confirmation. Though, it's not automated. But if you are paranoid that Cloud services are stealing your data, then you shouldn't be trusting Backup software to perform either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts