Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abruptly internet access disappeared. It's a router issue, none of the computers here can connect. Further, I can't access the router through a browser - 192.168.0.1 results in a "Firefox cannot connect" message. I've tried resetting the DNS to no avail. I'm typing via cell phone and it's annoying, but I'm willing to try about anything.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hi brhanse,

Can you give us the make and model of the router. Also, do each of the computers connect directly via a cable to the back of the router; (example, there are 4 ports on the back of the router and each port has it's own cable leading to each computer) or, does the router connect to a switch and the other computers connect to the router through the switch?

Has this suddenly happened or have their been intermittent issues with connectivity recently?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HN7000S - wireless. It's been fine until today. I can ping the router successfully, but couldn't ping google or yahoo.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Sounds like the cables between the router and the computer are OK. Can you recheck that the phone cable that connects between the router and wall is properly connected. Do you have a spare phone cable that you can test? Is there a filter plugged into the wall socket that the phone cable also plus into. Do you have a spare filter that you can try?

·
Registered
20,461 Posts
Hello,

I have moved your Thread to Networking Support to better assist you.

======================
Let's verify if you have all the network cables and connections plugged in to the proper Ports. From the Modem, the network cable need to be plugged in to the Router's WAN or Internet Port. Your computer needs to be wired to the LAN Port of your router.

Power Cycle your devices if above is confirmed. The step-by-step guide shd help you.

Test your connection after and if it still an issue , RESET your router to the factory default settings and reconfigure everything. Please do not restore the previous settings, just make a note of all the settings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.