1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.infopackets.com/freenewsarticles/loadqm.exe.htm

that site has an interesting article about msn messenger and loadqm.exe

but it is wrong about one thing...

it says you can use msconfig to disable loadqm, but loadqm will add itself back in to your startup config...

i tried this more than 40 times in the last two years....

but i am proud to say, that i found a way to get rid of the crappy peice of spyware forever.....

i renamed it, and now it cant start. LOL

try it, it worked for me...
and my machine runs alot better with it not trying to talk to msn and rat me out.

~BoB~

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Good for you, Bob.

The same thing happened to me with Quck Time. I loathe that program. I refused to have anything made by apple running on my computer, but QTTASK.EXE would put itself back into the lineup after I took it out. I deleted eveything in the registry that matched "Quick Time", and now eveything is fine.

god I hate apple

·
Registered
13 Posts
heh

I have 17 occursances of loadqm in My startup config (from trying what that site mentioned, i went there in the past and tried to remove it), and they are all unchecked but one, I did as You suggested bob, and it seems to have done the trick. And I saw earlier You mentioned a trick for getting rid of savenow, and that worked also.
Now perhaps you can get rid of these 10 other spyware programs that are running on this here machine. LOL
(and could anyone explain why they dont try to run on My backup machine? I havent had to try to remove anything from that one.)

Vikki Stillman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.