Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

I have a pretty advanced (I think) problem and am curious what sort of options will be available.

First, my environment.

I'm running WinXP Pro with appropriate hardware, and have Wireless and Copper network connections. Wireless connects into business cable broadband and the copper connects into a pair T-1s. I'm on a campus and the pair of T-1s are for the school's network and the cable is a backup incase they go down, and is not used when the T-1's are up. As you can imagine, the T-1s are akin to molasses during the day when students are on campus and the cable is faster, and inversely true during off hours. Additionally, to address the problem of bandwidth usage, a Packeteer packet shaper has been installed on the T-1s and it is programmed to drop IM, p2p, streaming video, and streaming music packets, where as the cable connection is not administered in such a fashion.

Additionally, and the real problem, is that we use Novel here for network drives and these drives aren't accessable unless one's on the copper network.

So, here's what I want to do: I want to use my computer to initiate some sort of load balancing between the two connections I have (to the copper and to the wireless). If I try to listen to a streaming radio broadcast, I want it to use the wireless(cable) connection, while at the same time being ableto usethe copper connection to access the Novel networked drives.
I've tried bridging the connections, but no luck there. Now note that all I've done is "bridge these connections" and haven't messed with settings, so it might be something there as well.

Any help?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.