Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am having trouble getting my computer to recognise the above drive. I have a Biostar 945gz motherboard and 2gb of ram, a 500gb WD HDD, with a second HDD being a Seagate 300gb. The two HDD's are SATA and work fine. I also have two IDE CD/DVD drives which also work fine. I tried to include a SATA DVD writer but it will not recognise it. It appears to bring it in to "my computer" and show it as a new drive but I cannot get any response. When I look in "device manager" the cd drives are listed and the two IDE's are shown by name but there is another there called "generic" which I take to be the new drive but cannot be certain. Any suggestions?
Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I am having trouble getting my computer to recognize the above LITE-ON DVDRW drive. I have a Dell E520 w/ Win xpSP3-- NO DVD software (it won't load....), it thinks it's just a CD-ROM. I re-installed the driver, and it' still thinks it's only a CD-ROM. I upgrade the drive myself to this drive after factory drive was indeed only a CD-ROM. It's like the (Dell) system won't allow this upgrade!
Any suggestions?

Thx, Glenn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.