Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Lite0on LH-20A1S DVD burner for my desktop. It is an SATA hook up. I hooked up to my SATA-0 slot. Driver was automatically found by pc. Now here is my problem...
In "My Computer" it shows the burner as "DVD-ROM", as soon as you insert a DVD-R or DVD+R it reads "CD-R". So, I have not been able to burn any DVD's with it. The pc recognizes it but when you go to use it none of my programs do. Nero 5 is what I have always used, but I also tried the upgrade to 5.5 and Nero 7 as well. All of these do not recognize it as a DVD burner. ??? I downloaded the driver from Lite-On but it won't recognize my hardware to download. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Jeff

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just a thought - if you check the BIOS, is the setting for the LiteOn set as "auto" or "CDROM"?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To update...
I've come to the conclusion the new burner is fine. It is a settings issue. I removed it, put back the old and it would not work either. After messing around around in the bios and setting the master/slave options the old is back to normal. I just need to figure out the master/slave setting for the new one (lite-on) as it has no way of selecting and make the other the opposite I guess. I will try again with the new install this weekend. Thanks for your help.
Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried both SATA connections and the PC recognizes it either way. I purchased a new burner with the old type connection and the pc recognized it just as well. What I'm running into is that my burner software (Nero) will not recognize either burner as a DVD, just as a CD burner and does not offer me one of these burners in "choose recorder" section. Just the basic "image recorder" to select and it will not work. I can put my old Memorex back in but it is a 2.4X. I was excited at the thoughts of 20X but I don't know what else to do. Thanks for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.