Tech Support banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Moderator, Articles Team , Alternative Computing
4,537 Posts
Its fun as well. My kde desktop above didn't require much tweaking either which is a bonus. Tje bootloader itself required a bit of time to customise. I had to download a custom theme from deviant art then change the background and the remove the excess burg entries before i was happy

·
Alternative Computing, Moderator
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Ubuntu 14.04 (Ubuntu Gnome Fallback Desktop not Unity)

Ubuntu 14.04 64bit
Nothing special here just the standard Gnome Fallback session available after running
sudo apt-get install gnome-session-fallback
Chrome Browser and htop in background. Note that the top panel now uses Alt+Win+right click to move, resize and edit items.

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
I like a minimalist desk-top. I use a photograph I took from the 5th floor of the Royal Festival Hall in London.

2 Girls, 1 bike, heading home...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Xubuntu 14.04's stock layout. I only changed the wallpaper and you can't see it because there aren't any at the moment (I only put stuff on the desktop when I'm working with it, then I move it to a proper directory or delete it) but I made the icons smaller. Along with the text, everything is fine print almost. I keep it as generic as possible so I stay productive

I'm sitting on my hands waiting for Bodhi to release a stable build based off 14.04, they're almost done. When they do I want to do a minimal install and customize everything. I know how to follow directions and that's about it, but I wanna learn how to really work on custom gui with Bodhi, something I can call my own. I'm going to set it up so it's a bland solid color wall paper and have it where if you want to get anywhere you need to use the mouse or keyboard shortcuts and there'll be no panel or anything like that along with no desktop icons or anything. I can't wait, I'm really excited to get started

Attachments

·
Alternative Computing, Moderator
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Ubuntu 14.10

Ubuntu 14.10 Unity Desktop.

Only Firefox and Ubuntu Software Center shown. Interestingly youtube videos just work, I have not installed flashplugin or any codecs yet.

Video driver currently is open source radeon running (and for the first time my ATI HD5770 graphics card fan is running quiet!). This is the first desktop to run Mir ( Ubuntu replacement for the X window system).

Attachments

81 - 100 of 111 Posts