Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TSF Team Emeritus
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have Apache For Linux, And Under The /var/www i can see and access the index.html file, but when i try to move to cgi-bin, a self-made by root folder, and the
contents of it, /cgi-bin/index.html, i get a Access Denied sign,

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at *************** Port 80

anyone know why.

i tried doing chmod 777 cgi-bin and chown www-data(apache) cgi-bin and still got nothing, anyone know why?

·
Registered
185 Posts
try going to cgi-bin/index.html and see if that does anything different. Also what folder did you chmod/chown? if you did it from public_html did you use -r for recursive? Also you didnt chgrp try that.

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
You're not really supposed to be able to directly access the cgi-bin directory. However, if you have a CGI script within there, you can access the script. It was designed to prevent file browsing/listing as that can be a bad thing (security reasons).

If you have a script in there called "blah.cgi", you can access it by going to domain.com/cgi-bin/blah.cgi. Or you can incorporate the script within your HTML/PHP files. However, if you're not even able to do that, then post up your config for the virtual host in question and I'll look at it.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it... lol, that was a while ago and the problem was that i didn't have mod_perl setup properly on the apache conf.

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
LoneWolf071 said:
I got it... lol, that was a while ago and the problem was that i didn't have mod_perl setup properly on the apache conf.
Cool. I was just randomly going through answering stuff. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.