Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this little problem i am having is drivin me mad ok i have dsl through verizon my modem is a westell 6100, from that it goes into a 4 port hub then puter. well i bought a linksys etherfast cable/dsl router with 4port switch to replace the hub, i follow the directions excately turn of run cd follow directions etc well i come out my westell router into the linksys power up everything looks good all lights lit network connection icon says connected looks just like it should NOT it says connected but ITS NOT. il hit run cmd ipconfig enter it tells me my ip is 192.168.1.47, sub is 255, default is 192.168.1.1, ill type that ip into my browser nothing again. i have avg anti virus i can get the icon to go away but in task manager its still says running. am i suppose to see in device manager the linksys in network connections or hell anywhere for that matter. oh when i type the 192.168.1.1 into browser it takes me to google search listing everyones problems not being able to connect. lucky me i know about tech support forum thank god you all rock. thats why im posting now cause im ready to slam this 59$ linksys peace of crud. i know you will need some sort of info that i havent posted here now but just tell me what info you need and i will ill check back here tonight and in am till i get it figured out thank you for your help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.