Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have read several of these threads but I cannot get to my Dlink Access Point. All I get is "limited or no connectivity" and it is driving me nuts. can anyone help.

Here is my ipconfig /all

C:\>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DULUTH
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0C-F1-6F-99-D0
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.11.224
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 6:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter(LNE100TX v4)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-04-5A-83-DA-B3

C:\>

Thanks for any help with this problem

·
Citizen of the world
51,140 Posts
Could be almost anything, but we need more details.

What is the make/model of the broadband modem, router or access point, and what is working and non-working? are you using an AP to connect to a wireless router? What version/patch level of Windows on this machine. This appears to be a wired connection, at least I don't see any wireless adapters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The broadband modem is a Motorola Surfboard SB5120, Router is a Dlink DI-624 Wireless Router, two Dlink DWL-2100 AP Access Points and a DSS-5+ Switch.
I can get the remote computer to work with a cable directly to the router but I cannot get it to work with the Access Points. The connection say little or no connectivity. I have Windows firewall disabled on the remote computer. I can see the Access Point on the main computer but I cannot see it on the remote computer. When I type in 192.168.0.50 from the remote computer it cannot find the Access Point.
The connection is like this. The cable modem goes to the router. the access point goes to the router the remote computer is hooked to the switch which is hooked to the 2nd access point.
The remote computer and main computer both have Win XP SP2 and are current with patches.
thanks for your support!!

·
Citizen of the world
51,140 Posts
Did you do a factory reset of the AP's and configure them as the instruction dictate? It sounds like a configuration issue with the AP's, but it's hard to tell from this end. Do you see the AP appearing in the available wireless connections?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, did a factory reset on both APs and I cannot see the AP from the remote computer to change any settings. All I see is limited or no connectivity. When I look at the Local Area Connection it only has Sent Packets and none Received.

·
Citizen of the world
51,140 Posts
The AP's I've configured needed to be connected as the ONLY device on the connection first and configured using your browser. After configuration, you could put them in the network and use them normally.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I connected the AP to the remote computer directly & through a swictch but I cannot connect ot the AP either way. So I connected to the AP with the main computer and configured it that way. But when I connect it to the remote computer I still cannot get connection. It say limited or no connectivity.

·
Citizen of the world
51,140 Posts
Well, it seems simple enough. FWIW, the AP's will appear transparent when everything is working properly. Have you talked to D-Link tech support? This is a classic use of the AP's, and should be pretty easy to configure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called them, but the APs are outside the warrrenty period and they want me to pay for support. I guess I will have to pay them. I appreciate all your help.
Thanks

·
Citizen of the world
51,140 Posts
Rather than pay, it might be cheaper to buy one more AP of the same type. :smile: Then you can get support for the "new" one which will also cover the old ones.

This is an issue that would probably be simple for me to figure out if I had my hands on the units, but harder by remote control.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.