Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So I'm new to this and not all that tech-ie, so pls bear with. Just bought a packard bell laptop, model TJ61, with vista home premium. The prob is that we're living in Rome, Italy, and its all in italian! doh!I thought we'd be able to adjust the language settings on start up, but apparently not... We're happy with the laptop,(it was the right price with all the bells and whistles we needed) What I need to know is; if we replace the italian vista with english vista, will that mess with the warranty of the laptop? Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I had to start somewhere...

Any replies greatfully recieved,

Ants. :pray:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi,

Thanx so much for the reply(s), much appriciated.
The system is a "Vista Home Premium 32 bit", and as such does not have option to change language "in-house", apparently only the "Ultimate" does....
i like the idea of the language download, j, and thanks for the link, but to be honest I got a little lost by the third line, and a lot lost by the fifth! If I'm reading it correctly, the site states I need to download a certain programme first and then the language patch? Or is it a straight "click and load" deal? Sorry to be a pain, but as I stated above I am only moderately "techie", and dont wanna stuff up the new toy...

Any tips/hints would be great,

Cheers, Ants

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.