Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Dell server running an OEM version of Windows Server 2000. The CD's that came with the Dell, and were just used for a rebuild, say Microsoft Small Business Server on them. In Windows however, I see no evidence that it is actually W2K SBS. That leads me to my problem. I had to add 10 CALs to this server so I bought 2 5pks of licenses and the needed SBS media kit which consists of floppy disks. When I go to install the licenses I get a message that states that "Your computer is not running Microsoft Small Business Server. You can only add licenses to a computer running Small Business Server.

When I go to Admin Tools > Licensing I get a message that states "Not available in Microsoft Back Office Small Business Server. To add Licenses choose Manage Server from the Start Menu and then About Small Business Server". However, there is no Manage Server on the start menu.

If I check Control Panel > System I see that it is running Microsoft Windows 2000 Build 5.00.2195.

MS wont help without forking over $200.

So my question is - is there some way to definitively determine which version of 2000 I am running? Is the fact that its OEM causing a problem?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.