Tech Support banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get help from Libre Office? I am unable to log on. I get :Account recovery email sent. When I use the link in the recovery email, I Get:Sorry, this account recovery key has expired or is invalid. I have been through this several times. How can I get Help without logging on first. All their web site links and tweets end up back at the same useless message.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,438 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, there is an Ask box but the response to a question is: Please click any of the icons below to sign in.

I haven't found any support or forum response which does not require a log-in.

Yes, it is free software and does have shared source code (or so I hear, although I have not personally accessed it.)

·
Windows Tech Team
1,035 Posts
I haven't found any support or forum response which does not require a log-in.
Which is utterly unsurprising. Have you ever set up an account on the Libre Office forums? Even if you have, and you can't recall the password, you should be able to go through their "forgot password" process.

If push comes to shove try creating an account again.

I don't know of any forum that doesn't require you to have an account to use it, including this one.

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
6,716 Posts
One way to do it would be to create a new email account on Gmail.com, Outlook.com (or similar) and then use it to create a new user on LibreOffice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I've been signed-up for years. When I try to recreate the account I get "sorry, this name is taken, please choose another" and "this email is already used by someone else, please choose another." In other words, I have to create a new username and a new e-mail account to get my password reset.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
26,438 Posts
It says Recover Account right at the sign in. Don't put a user name in. Just go for it.

·
Windows Tech Team
1,035 Posts
Yes, I've been signed-up for years. When I try to recreate the account I get "sorry, this name is taken, please choose another" and "this email is already used by someone else, please choose another." In other words, I have to create a new username and a new e-mail account to get my password reset.
You need to provide the forum you're talking about.

Here is the LibreOffice Community Support Page.

Their main help forum for English language speakers appears to be: https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/questions/

If I attempt to enter an e-mail address in the "Recover Account" box at the bottom I constantly get an error message that this address is not found because I have never created an account. I would have to believe that if you provide a legitimate e-mail address for an existing account you will be e-mailed the standard sort of "reset password using this link" message that usually comes from doing so.

Where are you trying to log in?

If their recovery process is still not working, then I'd contact them, saying just that, and providing the e-mail address to contact you about it, at:
https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/feedback/?next=/en/help/

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,361 Posts
You could always use the IRC chat channel here https://irc.documentfoundation.org/ and all you need is a nickname!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts