Tech Support banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My phone died so I charged it up to 100% and turned it back on. I loaded up google and while that was loading I looked at my notifications and it lagged since it was trying to load so much (which is normal its an older phone) and then it turned off and immediately tried to turn itself back on. It shows the LG logo goes black buzzes and then repeats every once in a while it will show the blue Tracfone screen and very rarely it shows "Andriod is starting Optimizing Apps 1 of 1" or something like that" but nothing will happen just the LG logo. I'd prefer not to get a new phone, please help me.

What I tried
-Removing the battery for a couple of hours
-Removing the SD card (in case it was corrupted)
-Factory Reset

I can't seem to figure out how to get into safe mode/recovery mode/download mode

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,506 Posts
Not familiar with the LG method, but if you can get into safe mode you might figure out which app is causing the problem. There are some 3rd party apps that claim they can solve the problem but I wouldn't chance losing everything on the SD card.

·
Moderator , Windows Tech Team , Hardware Tech T
Operating Systems || Hardware || Most Tech Stuff
3,169 Posts
If your phone gets locked on the Boot screen, high chances either OS is corrupt or the Google Play services are having some issues or like Corday mentioned an offending App. The best way is to either reflash the current ROM build or get a newer ROM version and flash it, post the Model number of your phone. LGKXXXX

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your phone gets locked on the Boot screen, high chances either OS is corrupt or the Google Play services are having some issues or like Corday mentioned an offending App. The best way is to either reflash the current ROM build or get a newer ROM version and flash it, post the Model number of your phone. LGKXXXX
The model number is LGL56VL I believe

·
Moderator , Windows Tech Team , Hardware Tech T
Operating Systems || Hardware || Most Tech Stuff
3,169 Posts
You might have to search for the ROM and Software for that model and try updating it.

This is something I found through a Google Search, use caution and do your own due diligence before downloading and flashing anything from the internet, you could download malware or could end up bricking it.

http://opensource.lge.com/osSch/list?types=ALL&search=L56VL
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/lg/lg-x-style-tracfone-cdma-l56vl/faq/firmware-flash/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts