Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I have not downloaded any programs or apps recently. I have made no settings changes. All of a sudden today I am getting this pop-up that says " LG IMS keeps stopping"(appinfo / close app options). What could be causing this and how do I get it to stop. I tried researching it online but every reply has a different opinion!

· Registered
1 Posts
I tried looking it up as well becase I am having the same problem. All I could find was many, many articles saying the same 4-5 steps with nearly the same exact wording.

Just saying, my phone is an LG Aristo 2 plus

1 was recently updated/installed software needed to be deleted/ some software needed update
2: change ip address through the hidden menu (the instructions did not help me get to my ip address, let alone change it)
3: factory reset the phone
4: disable the app through the same hidden menu (for me the pop up "uNfOrTyNaTeLy, Lg ImS hAs StOpPeD. " and would kick me out of the IMS menu and back to the starting the hidden menu)
5: download some software thing that would delete the IMS from your phone

I'm sorry that this has no way of helping you. But I understand the pain, this damn pop up is popping up as I type every 10 seconds. Good luck!

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried looking it up as well becase I am having the same problem. All I could find was many, many articles saying the same 4-5 steps with nearly the same exact wording.

Just saying, my phone is an LG Aristo 2 plus

1 was recently updated/installed software needed to be deleted/ some software needed update
2: change ip address through the hidden menu (the instructions did not help me get to my ip address, let alone change it)
3: factory reset the phone
4: disable the app through the same hidden menu (for me the pop up "uNfOrTyNaTeLy, Lg ImS hAs StOpPeD. " and would kick me out of the IMS menu and back to the starting the hidden menu)
5: download some software thing that would delete the IMS from your phone

I'm sorry that this has no way of helping you. But I understand the pain, this damn pop up is popping up as I type every 10 seconds. Good luck!
Since I haven't downloaded or installed anything in maybe a year, that rules out removing anything new! And like you, none of the instructions were valid for my LG-K40! The only last thing would be to do a Factory Reset which means I lose any Data I have. Just don't understand how this started happening all of a sudden for no reason!

· Registered
59 Posts
Since I haven't downloaded or installed anything in maybe a year, that rules out removing anything new! And like you, none of the instructions were valid for my LG-K40! The only last thing would be to do a Factory Reset which means I lose any Data I have. Just don't understand how this started happening all of a sudden for no reason!
Nothing at all in a year?
No emails? No web browsing?
It really sounds like something has surfed in under the cover of one of these things and installed adware or another nefarious program.
Maybe you need to install something like Malawarebytes (do they even do android?) and run a scan.

edit It appears this is an issue that is far from being resolved.
Looks like you will need to be patient and hope the fix the companies are working on resolves it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.