Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I was recently trying to print out some work for school on 'Microsoft word'.
I clicked the Print icon, But it wouldn't print

I trouble-shooted this problem as my printer wasnt printing anything for the past week.

So, I was told in the trouble-shooter to un-install and re-install my printer,
So I did. I removed the Lexmark All-in-one center application from my computer
through "Add/Remove programs" and restarted my computer.

I put the installation CD to re-install it. But when setup started an application called "Question" appeared.

It said the following:

"Setup has determined that the Spooler service is stopped.
In order to continue installation, it must be started. Do you want the spooler service started now? Choose 'Yes' to start the service and continue the installation or choose 'No' to exit the installation".

There were 'yes' and 'no' boxes to choose from, I chose yes, But the setup application suddenly closed.

I really need help with this problem, Any help would be greatly appreciated :grin:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I suspect you may need to tell it that you want it to be the default printer, try downloading the latest drivers from Lexmark directly and reinstall the printer, if you face the same choice again say yes to start it, if it fails then we need to try a couple of things.

The first thing you should do is stop all running programs down by your clock by right clicking on each and selecting stop\exit etc, if you do not have a hardware firewall come offline until after this is completed and you reboot as you will have no protection, after you have stopped everything that can be then install it again, another thing to note is that if it is a usb connection do NOT plug it in until AFTER the software is installed, or at least an on screen prompt tells you to, this should get you installed.

Now once installed click on Start - Printers and Faxes, and look for your printer icon, if it isn't marked as the default printer right click on top of it and select to make it your default printer, now you should be able to print fine, if not report back with problems\error messages and we will go from there, hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.