Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have recently connected a Lexmark P4350 All-in-One printer to a Netgear WGPS606 Wireless Print Server. For about a week all was fine and I was able to print from my laptop (running WinXP Home) albeit a little slow.

Then the printing stopped (in mid print if I remeber correctly). I have since uninstalled and re-installed the Lexmark software and printer and reset the print server, but still cannot print.

The print job appears to be spooling and deleting, but the printer remains silent, motionless, nothing! I can print however, if directly connected the printer via USB cable, and I can ping the print server. I just can't print via the print server (ironic?), even when connected via ethernet cable.

I have been to Lexmark and there considered response was "we do not support wireless print servers" (now there's a company keeping an eye on the future!). My next call will be to Netgear, but in the meantime if there is anyone out there with any suggestions I will be forever grateful.

Thanks in advance - Nick.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Have you power cycled the print server? I have had problems where I could ping but not print and had to power cycle the print server. Probably due to a memory buffer problem?

I also assume you are using a static IP address for your network printing?

JamesO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have pulled the power and reconnected after about 10 secs and I am using a static ip address 192.168.0.10.

One thing I forgot to mention, is the spooling and deleting of the print job seems to be going through very quickly, but I guess that could be because it isn't actually printing!?

Nick

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
You may need to pull the power on the print server for about 30 seconds to make sure all the capacitors are fully discharged and all the logic states are normalized.

Did pulling the power solve your problem?

JamesO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I seem to have fixed it, but don't know how!

For the fourth time I deleted Lexmark software and re-installed. Then reset printer on print server, but this time went for a different ip address 192.168.0.105 which I had already reserved on router (last time reserved ip address after setting up printer on print server).

Now printing as if nothing was ever wrong. :smile:

Thanks for your help JamesO.

Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.