Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

On a 37" LCD tv that supports resolutions like these;'

640 x480 x´60 Hz, 72Hz, 75 Hz
800x600 60, 72, 75 Hz 1024x768 60,70,75,85 Hz
1280x768 60 hz
1280x1024 60 hz
1360x768 60hz

What sort of graphic-card should you get and would you get an ok picture (equal to a Pc lcd display or are resolutions not good enough?)

thanks 4 advice
:)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello wrench97
amd phonem X4 940 , Corsiar 850W , 4gb 8500 ram, 1 TB samsung or 640GB WD Black(any comments reference HD to choose..very welcomed)

Would a GTX260 216 pipeline Nvidia be ok OR overkill?( and I'd hope that in say 2years time the 850W corsair would be enough to allow me to purchase another and then overclock my CPU and RAM a little to give the setup a little longer life..I need 3 years out of my PC's...
Ps I know you are knowledgeable as I've seen your post..thanks for the help..One other point is m, just like building steps and bench testing, do you know of a guide for how to deal with the software issues after upgrading...ie After installing the OP can I d/l the updates to another PC , burn them and then install them ? (can't see how! Same goes for virus software and bois updates(if nesccarrt)..My thoughts are how tobest avoid virus infections if you have a new built Pc with programmes that are not up to date...Or is this being over cautious ...
Also waht is the best sequence..install OP first I assume. then Update ??? or install security suite then update Op ...Or install security suite and update then update Op then update bios then then then..
As you can see NOT sure what the sequence of events shoulöd be...Can you be kind enough to advise or direct me in the right direction..

Many thanks

·
Administrator, Team Manager, Gaming, Team Manager,
54,106 Posts
A GTX260 would be fine and should carry you for 3 years, if not after 2 you would be better off buying the hot card at the time rather then trying to find a matching 260.

Install the os, during the install windows wil update itself if connected to the net, then the motherboard, video & any other drivers needed, then the Security programs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.