Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lavasoft AdAware crashed win7-Ctrl-alt-del wont work & it wont uninstall in safe mode

Hi

I'm in a real mess since Lavasoft AdAware crashed my windows 7 home premium edit. 64bit after its 1st initial mandatory reboot. Everything is frozen, nothing can be clicked on or done in any way, shape or form. Even 'Esc' and 'Ctrl-Alt-Del wont work. PC must be shutdown manually. It also wont uninstall in safe mode. Once in safe mode the 1st time I got windows telling me that it cant uninstall this software in safe mode (this was done by its own uninstaller, and by the windows one, and by the Revo Pro uninstaller.) the 2nd time (reboot) it told me it wasnt installed properly. the 3d time it can't install in safe mode again. What now please? Anyone have an idea?

Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Lavasoft AdAware crashed win7-Ctrl-alt-del wont work & it wont uninstall in safe

Sorry solved it. I'll write the answer should anyone need it someday. I believe my solution can help for other similar cases besides Ad-Aware.
A minute after I posted this a thought came to mind: Go into safe Mode and use msconfig.exe. So I ran it and unchecked everything to do with Ad-Aware. TO be even more sure I checked off not to run also other things that I knew would not be needed like anything to do with Apple, or Adobe. Afterwhich, doing a proper reboot Windows did actually start normally--no crash and I was able to uninstall it. Slowly I put back other services and start-up items and all is working fine now--so far at least ;-) Thanks for those who took a look and I hope it will help some people in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.